Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sacrifices.

Last night, I sat down on my floor and played Operation with Riley. My carpet seriously needs to be vacuumed. I looked around and thought to myself, "UGH! I'm so behind on housework. It's not even funny."
But then I thought. It's OK. I played a game with Riley. I read books with Mallory. I snuggled and played with Macy. I fixed dinner. I wrote a paper and read journal articles. I may not have a clean house. But in a few years, when I look back I won't remember the dishes in the sink or the laundry piled up. I'll have a degree that I earned with hard work and kids that know I love them.

4 comments:

birdmama said...

You're such a great mom! I have to constantly remind myself of my priorities and the gift I was given (like you) to be a mom of my wonderful children. They grow up SO fast!!!! Keep it up! I love your blog! the pictures are terrific! You and Steph are so talented!

andreaKphotography said...

I have had that same kind of a day a million times, but of course I always pick my kids over housework and things to be done. One because it is a good excuse not to clean :) but two I agree with you-years from now they wont ask to play but to get out of their room so I want to cherish the time they are little and soak it up. Good choice on playing the game!

LaTour said...

Wendy! You are such a good mom! I can only imagine how hard it must be going to school and raising three kids- you are amazing! We as mom's are always so hard on ourselves but we are all doing the best we can and your kids are going to have GREAT memories of you playing with them and spending time with them- and you will cherish it as well. We will NEVER remember how clean our house was but we will remember the time we spend with our kids! Always remember how wonderful you are!

Tiff and Rand said...

I couldn't agree more! I can either have a house that looks so beautiful and clean to perfection and two seriously bored kids that I've pretty much neglected all day, or a sticky floor, crumbs all over the carpet, laundry everywhere and my adorable kids sitting next to me happy as can be. I try my darnedest to pick the ladder because just like you said, that's what will matter more and be more of a memory later in life. I'm so proud of all the hard work your going through right now, I know it will be a huge blessing later in life. Hope all is well. Love ya!