Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Not yet."

The past little while I've been doing a lot of reflection. I think it's important to stop and look back at the past and think about how you have changed. I try to take time to reflect on my decisions and how they have affected me and those around me.

I feel I have reached a critical point in my life in which I feel I need to consider my choices for the future. I'm faced with many questions. What do I want? What is holding me back? What am I doing to set and reach goals. Am I progressing and making life better? Or am I living in stagnation? What is keeping me from attaining that which I desire?

I am a strong believer that if we don't actively seek after the things in life we truly desire, a passive approach will leave us with regret. "If I would have only..." is no way to live. There have been times in life when I wonder, where is my breaking point? I ask myself, "When is it OK for me to just give up or let go?" The answer that I always seem to come up with is, "Not Yet."

Pictures mean so much to me. I love having them to remind me of the significant happenings during a period of time. It seems like, I can never have enough pictures, and there's nothing worse than feeling like I'm missing a picture of something important.

Here are just some of my favorite pictures from the last year or so in black and white.

2 comments:

PartyofFive said...

Pictures are a fabulous reminder of life and moments. I truly believe that everyone has their "speed bumps" in life slowing them down from getting to their goal as quickly as may want, but that's okay. It's only when they're "road blocks" that you may want to reconsider the path and possibly take a new one. Your speed bump may be a big one and you may have to slow down considerably to get over it and it might take a lot of strength and extra push but if you can get past it, you're still on that same road and your goal is still at the end. I love you and pray for you constantly. You'll make the right/best decision. That I know. I LOVE YOU!

Tiff and Rand said...

Ok you of ALL people have accomplished SO much in life that you really shouldn't ever have to look back and think "did I miss something or give up something important?" Just know that you really can't do EVERYTHING by yourself. I know you, impressive Wendy, probably can accomplish almost everything, but sometimes you need to decide between two things instead. What a drag!! Steph's comment has gotten me a bit worried so I'll pray for you too, I just don't know what I'm praying for you for! If you need someone to talk to or a super fun girls night, call me for sure!!! Love you sweetie! And I LOVE all the pictures by the way and can't get enough of them in black & white. SO cute.